The Halls Gap Estate vineyard was planted on the steep Eastern slopes of the Grampians in 1969. It represented part of the second coming of the Victorian wine industry which had seen very little new plantings since the turn of the century. The region had always had a pedigree for great wines with the first vineyards in Grampians being planted at Bests & Seppelt, in the early 1860’s.

The vineyard has long been a respected grower for many of the country’s great wineries until 1996, when it was bought by the famed Victorian Winemaker, the late, great Trevor Mast, and has been a staple of Mount Langi Ghiran ever since.